Do This Everyday for 3 Weeks For Better Skin & Weight Loss
Drink more water! I know you’ve heard those words before and it sounds so simple; yet most of you won’t do it. Did you know that if you simply just give it a try for 3 weeks it should become your BEST new HABIT, especially when you see that you have better skin and simple weight loss!!
Let’s start with some water facts:
Thirst and hunger are often misunderstood and they’re cravings that get confused. When you’re young and feel “hungry” many of us were immediately given food; which created the habit of filling a “pang” with food before drinking water.
The same part of your brain is responsible for interpreting both hunger and thirst signals which can often result in mixed messages. When you feel hungry between meals, before reaching for a snack, have a glass of water. You should aim to eat every three to four hours, and if you feel hungry between meals, you may simply be thirsty.
Secret Formula for your Water Amount–> Start with your weight, divide the number by 2 and add ounces to the number. Example: a woman weighs 100 pounds, then her water amount is 50 ounces of water per day. next, add some celtic sea salt to your water (read more below)
If your daily liquid intake begins with a few cups of coffee, add an extra cup of water per cup. Coffee is a diuretic, so you need more water.
Dehydration symptoms include thirst, dry eyes, headache, sluggishness, nausea, and dizziness. Your urine may also be a dark yellow and your mouth may feel dry. Drink water at regular intervals throughout the day, even if you don’t feel thirsty, and you’ll have less of a chance of becoming dehydrated.
To improve your weight management goals, try these 6 tips to drink more water:
1. Set a goal. The recommended amount of water per day is half of your body weight in ounces. I recommend adding a pinch of Celtic sea salt, so you’re not running to the bathroom all day. Once you know your magic water number, make it a game to get at least that each day. Try challenging some friends or co-workers.
2. Use technology to make it fun and easy. Choose any of these water apps to stay on track.
3. Pour fresh squeezed oranges, lemons or limes into ice trays or just freeze citrus fruit slices and drop them in. You can also buy frozen fruit to use as “ice cubes” in your glass.
4. Enhance your drinking experience with infused water. Many people don’t drink water because they say they don’t like the taste (or maybe it’s lack of taste) of plain water. As mentioned previously, enhance it by adding some frozen fruit (peach, pineapple, mango and strawberries) work well, or try cucumber slices to add flavor. Here are some simple infused water recipesto try.
5. Herbs like mint or ginger can do wonders for the taste and your digestion. Ginger also is known to boost your libido. As demonstrated in the picture, you can flavor your water with fruits for a desired specific result.
- Libido : Black raspberries, watermellon and ginger
- Digestion: Lemons, Ginger, Cayenne
- Skin: Bluberries, kiwi, papaya and oranges
- Immune system: Kiwi, blueberry, papaya and strawberries (similar to above- it’s the Vitamin C content)
- Weight Loss – Watermellon. guava, pears, oranges and berries
Another option is sparkling water; which also provides hydration without added sugar. Try keeping these sparkling waters in your home and at work.
6. Balance your water requirements with liquid and food. You can “eat your water”. There are lots of foods you’re already eating that have high water content, which counts towards your water requirements. The more common ones are cucumber, lettuce, celery, tomatoes, bell peppers, berries, broccoli, watermelon, grapefruit, grapes, and zucchini. Many of these make awesome work snacks. Try pairing the veggies with hummus or guacamole. Choose what you like most and keep them at home and work for go-to snacks when you’re about to let lose on food.
7. Begin drinking water as soon as you wake up and throughout the day. Use the water apps for accountability and a challenge. I recommend starting with a liter or liter and a half bottle every day and making sure you get through it. It’s important to drink before AND after any type of physical activity. By the time you actually get thirsty during a workout your body is already dehydrated.
8. Also add some extra water into your day for each cup of coffee.
9. For fast and easy hydration, always add the Celtic sea salt to your water because it adds electrolytes , keeps you fueled and contributes to less bathroom trips from all of the water.