The Secret to Having a 50 Shades Of Grey Libido
Articles, talk shows and research agree; most Americans don’t have enough Sex. Most people will say time and exhaustion are their reason. Some people say they’re just not into it like they used to be. What’s worse is people have become programmed to expect less sex as they get older or more comfortable in a relationship. Is this what you want for your future? What if you had the power to increase your sexual desire, libido and resilience?
The good news is you can take steps to find your lost sexual drive. What you eat, how much you sleep, your mindset and how you exercise have a huge impact on libido. Stress is another major factor in waning libidos. Stress can affect your waistline which leads to two major problems. The first are altered hormones and the second might be self esteem and confidence. What you eat, how you stress and how you exercise influences cortisol levels which is a master regulator, which talks to your sex hormones and libido.
50 Shades of Grey and the upcoming movie have created lots of buzz. Some people feel its unbelievable, some have become educated on alternative sexual appetites which can range from extreme to mild experimentation, and others are beginning to experiment. Wherever you stand on the issue, we all have to admit that sex creates closer bonds, feels good and is good for your health and heart. Wouldn’t it be incredible to know that whatever age you are, your desire for sex with your lover, spouse or significant other won’t diminish, but can stay as strong as when you first met?
Ask yourself this question…”How often do you use excuses such as you don’t have the time, the kids will hear us or your tired?” or are you someone who will throw everything aside and hit the sheets? If you find that you have many excuses or really are just to physically tired to have the sex life you long for, here are some ways to turn over a new leaf.
- Beat exhaustion by changing your sleep routine. Sleep in a blacked out room. Take the TV out of the bedroom. Try turning off all electronics at least 2 hours before you go to bed. It’s a fact that the lights from your TV, computer, tablets and phones confuse your brain to think its daytime. This can make falling asleep and staying asleep difficult. An indication that you’re not sleeping well, is if you hit snooze many times and you still feel tired in the morning. The “sleep” hormone also may influence your sex drive, so get more sleep.
- Schedule time to hit the sheets. Try to schedule an escape to a hotel for some variety and spice. There is something relaxing about being in a hotel, knowing there are no distractions, no kids and nothing for you to have to do in your house
- Use aromatherapy to help set the mood. Scent is a huge stimulant, it can recreate memories and relax you
- Get at least 3 days of a solid exercise routine in place. When you perform exercises the right way, right weights, rest, and intervals, you should actually be craving SEX. Maybe even try strengthening your core so you feel sexy
- Eat right and keep in mind you are what you eat and what your food ate. If your food is loaded with hormones, antibiotics and crap, this will affect your mood, thoughts and libido. As you change your diet and include more fresh foods and healthy fats, you may feel a spike in your sex drive.
If you can get the stamina, strength and drive where you want it, you will be happy to know that Sex has other benefits besides pleasure and connection, it’s good for your HEALTH too.
- Sex is good for your heart, and it actually can provide some cardiac exercise. Dr Oz says it can increase your Hearts HRV, which measures how well your heart responds to subtle changes throughout the day. Your body releases the hormone DHEA during Sex and it’s believed that DHEA can help you look many years younger and give your skin a certain glow.
Sex can reduce stress and help you sleep better. Sex and sleep have a two-way dynamic meaning they help each other.
- Your body releases endorphins after an orgasm and endorphins can actually help shield your body from pain. It’s similar to a natural pain reliever.
- New research even links 2-3 times of sex per week to a having a stronger immune system.
There are foods and herbs that can help boost your libido before Valentine’s Day this year. Add these into your diet and you may begin to enjoy a stronger libido soon…
“Sex” Foods (Shapes sometimes resemble the organs they support)
- Asparagus – is high in the B vitamin folate that helps increase your production of histamine. Histamine is important for increasing your sex drive. Plus, it has a suggestive shape, and you know what that means…
- Avocado – Loaded with potassium, avocados boost libido for both sexes. And they’re rich in folic acid that provides energy and stamina – both of which are important once your libido is restored.
- Chilies – If you like hot and spicy, you’re in luck! Chilies contain capsaicin, a chemical which also increases blood flow and triggers the release of mood-enhancing endorphins that naturally pump up your libido.
- Watermelon – Watermelon may be a natural Viagra, because the popular summer fruit is richer than experts believed in an amino acid called citrulline, which relaxes and dilates blood vessels much like Viagra. Citrulline is good for your cardiovascular system and possibly your sex life.
Herbs for “Sex”
- Ginger – increases blood flow, especially to the sexual organs. Ginger has warming properties and is known to warm your body, Many cultures have used ginger as an aphrodisiac for hundreds of years.
- Nutmeg – has been shown to be an aphrodisiac in animal studies and results said it did increase sexual behaviors. It is great sprinkled on top of sweet potatoes or in your coffee.
- Maca Root – known as Peruvian ginseng,and it’s a favorite herb in South America to increase sexual desire in both men and women. Maca has high levels of amino acids in Maca, specifically L-Arginine and L-Histadine, may help boost female sex drive or libido and correct sexual dysfunction in women.
- Cayenne – Hot peppers will cause a little sizzle in the bedroom. Cayenne and other hot peppers heat up the body, and may speed-up your metabolism AND increase blood flow to sensitive areas. Eating cayenne also gives you a sexy, flushed appearance, which might help heat things up for your partner
- The bottom line is that Sex has many more benefits than just the obvious. Books like 50 Shades of Grey have re-started the conversation. Use this information to heat up your Sex life and please share this blog and info with friends. I would love to hear your comments. Please leave feedback on the sex foods you like, or other ideas below this article that you want to share[/text_output]